For Sale: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado - Project - $7,000 - Hastings on Hudson, VT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado - Project - $7,000 - Hastings on Hudson, VT

1967 Oldsmobile Toronado for sale by owner - South Londonderry, VT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This car has been garaged for five years. (It purred 5 years ago!) It needs a selenoid wire, a battery charge, and air in the tires. It's a metallic blue. Needs to be picked up and trailered out. The engine was redone in the mid-90's and it's since put on about 37k miles. The interior is in fair shape, with no rips but minor wear. Would respond well to a deep clean and detail. Come get it! It won't last. Really a sweet car. Sorry to see it go.
Copy and paste in your email: 9a6529ee3891372c93a5e2fe265adcfa@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado - Project.

'67 Olds Toronado VT.jpg

I think we can discern the seller's thinking

with his ad:  He thinks the car is so desirable

that it will sell immediately.

Only one photo.  "Come get it!  It won't last."

He's probably not deeply involved in the hobby

and doesn't know the market.  At least it might

be priced realistically.  We can wish him well.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So, it only needs to have the battery charged, a new solenoid wire and air in the tires to make it a driver. I say, he should do it and prove that. I have yet to have a car sit for 5 years that was that easy. 

• Like 3

I really like the styling of these cars. 7k seems a bit steep for a project but this one doesnt look too bad. IF the motor only has 30k miles on the rebuild, then it may not need a lot to get it going. Saving a full rebuild is worth the buy in price alone. 

• Like 1