Hudson 6 queston ?

Hello,  I am new to the "Hudson World" and building a 20's all Hudson fair grounds racer similar to the Ira Vail car.     What year did the dual carb manifold first appear and will it fit a 1929 Hudson F-head 6?  thanks in advance.  Think Spring,   Don in central Ohio.

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)

I have not seen a dual carburetor manifold on  a Hudson of that era. I do know that prior to 1924, Hudson didn't have intake manifolds as such. The side draft carburetor bolted onto the block. Zeke

'29 engines only have one intake port into the engine, so a dual carb manifold was never made. The typical modification was to switch to a downdraft, and use a two barrel carb. I'm working on a manifold for my '29 that will use a Carter side draft from the 50's.  I recently sold a dual carb updraft setup for 25-26 Hudson, but that is a completely different animal.

To be creative you could build a y intake and use two Carter sided drafts off a corvair. Even better find two Essex 4 carbs. 
Now about getting to it run good with a set up like that is a hole other story. 

if you look at the 29/28 head there is a lump in the casting either side of the center port for the single intake. I believe these two lumps are in the intake passage ways. If you look at a first series  27 head you’ll see that it has a duel intake setup right where the two lumps are on the 28/29 heads. But I’ve never come across a head that was junk to find out. One day I will. To have three side draft carbs on a 29 that actually worked and ran well would be an accomplishment that would look amazing.