Dynaflow Transmission Rebuild

Dominic

I recently obtained a 1957 Buick Special with a Dynaflow transmission.  The transmission was in the trunk when I got the car, and the previous owner did not know of the condition.  Therefore, I would like to get the transmission rebuilt.  The problem is that I can not find anyone within driving distance to rebuild it.  I live in Montgomery, Alabama, and I am looking for someone within driving distance to rebuild the Dyanflow transmission. 

20231209_094443.jpg

20231209_094447.jpg

On 1/19/2024 at 8:54 AM, EmTee said:

You could try calling Fatsco and talking to someone there.  They may be able to suggest a Dynaflo rebuilder somewhere near your location.  You could also talk to them about ordering the appropriate rebuilt kit.

https://www.fatsco.net/contact

Based on the name and location FATSCO is probably affiliated with Fisher Auto Transmission, located right nearby in Fairfield, NJ. Fisher would rebuild most classic transmissions and they had a good reputation. They rebuilt my 1952 Packard's Ultramatic more than 40 years ago, and they got it right when another failed miserably. Unfortunately the old timers who worked on the classics back then are now probably all below the frost line.

Edited by Machine Gun
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Have you considered doing it yourself? There's quite a bit of good documentation available and Fatsco sells a rebuild kit. You may be pleasantly surprised with your results. 

Regards,

Dan