`69 Triumph TR 6 - $11,800 ( Anonymous Seller, Secret Location)

Posted in Spokane WA craigslist.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/69-triumph-tr/7706405016.html

FRAME-OFF RESTORED 1969 TRIUMPH TR-6
Appropriate new pistons, rocker, valves as well.New timing chain, oil pump and water pump. Spin-on oil filter adapter to prevent bottom-end engine damage during startup. The exhaust is through headers and stainless.
Tuned, aligned and balanced by Howery’s, Ventura. Koni front shocks.Rebuilt, stiffer rear lever shocks. Front and rear anti-sway bars on urethane bushings.New tires on 15” wire wheels. Rebuilt front brake calipers. New lines and wheel cylinders. Brakes converted to Dot 5 Fluid.
New convertible top from The Roadster Factory is in great condition. The windows are clear and the rear zips out for better ventilation.

email only - 8749bb39b69d352c9ecd6f10b795ef6f@sale.craigslist.org

image.png.3c8496923e87e5d7f700175ba91f7825.png

image.png.4020a694486926a46e5c10823bed8da2.png image.png.f1ae64f37db7846ed476a5bebc100fc6.png

image.png.7c0fea6f9c81a4a649e2d19ce47d53bf.png 

• Like 2

I believe the color is French Blue - looks nice and email only wouldn't dissuade me.  

That said this looks more like a $20k TR as most $12K TR-6's are drivers with some needs.  Scam is a possibility.

Engine bay, wires, tidy all over for $12k... Anyone looking for a TR-6 should grab if it is legit.

• Like 5

email only is pretty common, but often annoying as some people seem to check it weekly. I understand why they don't put in a number...sometimes you get 10 calls, 7 of which say they'll be right over to look, you stay home, and then they don't show. 

By the way it seem like a lot of collector cars have migrated to Facebook in other parts of the country, but that doesn't seem to be the case here on the West Coast. Parts yes, cars we're interested in, not so much. 

• Like 2

Once again - price vs. condition is the first alarm flag.    The second flag is limited contact info.   The third flag is limited "quality" photos from strange angles.   The car badges affixed to the front bumper on this car are almost a unique fingerprint - add to that the wire wheels - and you have something to look for to see if it may be a scam.  

I find this link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-triumph-tr6-29/

Car sold on BAT in 2021.  Did the buyer purchase in 2021 and is now selling for less?   I think not.  Buyer beware, pretty sure this is a scam. (pictures from BAT)

zzzzCapturetriumph.JPG

zzzzCapturetriumph2.JPG

zzzzCapturetriumph3.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1