Three canteens in a holder mounted in a vehicle?

56Chief

Anyone seen this canteen arrangement before or know what vehicle it may go to?  The three canteens compress together with a compression screw as you can see in the photo to hold them in place.  Thank you for any help that can be offered to identify them.

Water canteen photo 1.jpg

canteen photo 2.jpeg

• Like 1

Aftermarket item that would have been normally mounted on the running boards. Back in the day, like the 20's, the set would have had one for gas, one for water and one for oil. Your set looks to have 2 for gas and one for water. 

• Like 2

That makes great sense.  I'm restoring a 1927 Buick Brougham and purchased a large inventory of parts with the car. This is one of many items in the inventory that was a mystery. Thank you for the help!

• Like 2

Mr. Holt, yes I plan to sell this.  Those dollars raised fund my restoration:) Lord willing 2027, the 1927 Buick will be at Hershey for its 100-year anniversary unveiling, restored to pristine condition!

• Like 1

Thats amazing you can research and find that information on the auto cans of yesteryear.  I enjoy the learnings and history of what the old cars and parts represented back in the day.