fuel bowl leaks

52 fleetline  I took   off  the  glass  bowl cleaning  it  and  the  screen  out  putting  it  back  together  and  can't  stop  it  from  leaking  gasket  looking  ok  I tried  flipping  it but  it  is  still  leaking . Is there  a  place  selling  the  gasket  or  do  you  use  something  else  on  your  car ? 

Those type filters can be over tightened and it warps the metal top. They can be carefully straightened if the new gasket does not fix it. I also use The Filling Station.

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 3:42 PM, hdbob5454 said:

52 fleetline  I took   off  the  glass  bowl cleaning  it  and  the  screen  out  putting  it  back  together  and  can't  stop  it  from  leaking  gasket  looking  ok  I tried  flipping  it but  it  is  still  leaking . Is there  a  place  selling  the  gasket  or  do  you  use  something  else  on  your  car ? 

I have a '38 Chevrolet half ton pickup, same fuel pump type, you can also get them from Rock Auto, the product line to order is Victor-Reinz, a little over a dollar a piece I think, fit like a charm, get two or three of them, at that price it's good to have backup!