1940s Ford Super Deluxe 8 Hood Emblem found at an estate sale

IMG_1275.jpeg.e106c15f3db235b382e725e6bec20039.jpegIMG_1276.jpeg.334c91968d1e027e5d70d258c0fbe1fa.jpegI found this 1940s Ford Super Deluxe 8 hood emblem at an estate sale today. It was attached to a metal file cabinet     It was a nice find for only $5. I was not looking for old car related items, so this was a nice surprise and pick up. The hunt is always thrilling. Any one else have similar experiences?

Edited by CChinn (see edit history)
  • Like 3

When I was a kid, dad owned a small garage and did a lot of body work. To keep the garage open on the weekdays he would visit junkyards on Saturday and I could ride shotgun. One time we were in a yard that had been around since before WW1 and as I looked up in the rafters I saw the Aerocar script hanging on a nail. It was so tarnished that it blended in with the grime and dust so well it was nearly impossible to see from any other angle. Well, as luck would have it, the guy behind the counter was a kid stuck working the weekend and had absolutely no idea what it was. He tossed a price of $2 on it and I jumped on it… always wondered if his boss was angry or didn’t even know it was there.

for perspective, this was a good 45-50 years ago and before the time when those yards started disappearing…

IMG_0724.jpeg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...