Cars of Christmas past Day 5

Fargoguy

1964 Meteor Custom sedan. 70,000 mile original car, 352, auto with power steering and brakes . Optional power breezeway window. The meteor was a badge-engineered car for Canadian markets. A full-size Mercury body with a 64 Ford dash and Interior. This car is our go-to road trip car, easy to drive and the breezeway ventilation keeps the interior comfortable. 

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg

IMG_5940.jpeg

• Like 11

Love the shop photo Terry. My uncle had a mechanics shop. I dont know when he started but he would change the split rims on my dump truck ca. 1980's. The picture you showed looked just about like his shop minus the antique car. If we had to go there we would say we were taking a trip back in time. Most of the floor was either dirt or mismatched patches of asphalt and concrete. Over the decades it was compacted solid throughout though. It was always dark in there, I think the ceiling had a couple of 60 light bulbs. Shelves full of parts dating back to who knows when. He had a helper that could have been the twin brother of Michael J Pollard (c w moss from the bonnie and clyde film).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Is there a campground there? I am also thinking my brother had his mobile palace perched there for a weekend.

The town of Auburn, near Deer Lake, has what I hear is a popular campground.  Years ago Auburn had one of the many small dirt track ovals that were common in the the 1950s and 1960s.

• Like 1