37 DB fire wall question.

johnworden1

Engine side of the firewall. Above the coil. 2 pressed countersunk holes, one above the other. Fasteners in each hole secure the cowl vent lever assembly to the firewall. Can anyone describe the stock fasteners? The holes measure approx. 1/4" diameter. I say approx. because the holes are punched rather than drilled. 

Thanks,   JohnIMG_22671.JPG.568dd7db15fd07a6194fdb37285ee716.JPGIMG_22671.JPG.568dd7db15fd07a6194fdb37285ee716.JPG

Edited by johnworden1 (see edit history)

15 hours ago, johnworden1 said:

Engine side of the firewall. Above the coil. 2 pressed countersunk holes, one above the other. Fasteners in each hole secure the cowl vent lever assembly to the firewall. Can anyone describe the stock fasteners? The holes measure approx. 1/4" diameter. I say approx. because the holes are punched rather than drilled. 

Thanks,   JohnIMG_22671.JPG.568dd7db15fd07a6194fdb37285ee716.JPGIMG_22671.JPG.568dd7db15fd07a6194fdb37285ee716.JPG

Vent support bracelet 

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

3 hours ago, jpage said:

If appearance isn't an issue, I'd just use a couple of round hd. slotted screws or small carriage bolts with the square ground off and put the nuts on the inside. I'm surprised that it's riveted in place!

3 hours ago, jpage said:

If appearance isn't an issue, I'd just use a couple of round hd. slotted screws or small carriage bolts with the square ground off and put the nuts on the inside. I'm surprised that it's riveted in place!

99% of the people that looked at it wouldn’t know the difference.

i had to go look my self. 

5 hours ago, jpage said:

If that is holding the vent handle, that bracket probably takes a lot of force, so rivets would be better than bolts. Chrysler Corporation engineering at it's best.

• 2 weeks later...