For Sale:  1960 Mercury Monterey convertible. 312 V8, 3-speed manual, 32K miles - $20,000 - Foxboro, WI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Mercury Monterey convertible. 312 V8, 3-speed manual, 32K miles - $20,000 - Foxboro, WI

1960 Mercury Monterey for sale by owner - Foxboro, WI - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Selling my 1960 Mercury Monterey convertible. 312 v8. 3 on the tree. Manual brakes and steering. Odo says 32k. Not known if that's actual. Car starts right up runs and drives. Really nice car in great condition. Undercarriage was undercoated once so just surface rust no rot or holes. Was stored for a while so we replaced a few minor things and put some new tires on it, and she rides nice. Title is bonded due to title being lost at some point. I have all paperwork from the DOT and Ins. Co. for the surety bond. Price is 20k obo. Not interested in trades.
Copy and paste in your email: 4185d8030dce30a3808e5f172c2d42fb@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Mercury Monterey convertible.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 6,062 1960 Mercury Monterey convertibles built.

Note: This 1960 displays the correct convertible top rear window configuration for the 1957-1960 Mercury convertibles.  Iirc, the 1958 Edsel convertibles have this rear window configuration as well.

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN a.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN b.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN c.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN d.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN e.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN f.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN g.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN h.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN i.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN j.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN k.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey conv MN l.jpg

• Like 3

Excess?

and a 1957 Plymouth 14" wheel cover in the trunk?

Might look better without the fender skirts?

Could be a fun cruiser with halfway decent fuel mileage for the size-

But the steering wheel shows lots of wear for only 32,xxx miles - maybe 132K?,

still the car appears decent .

Imagining actually using that bumper jack safely?

Engine compartment looks like it was steam cleaned. A little fresh paint in there would do wonders.

You'd think, for $20k, the seller would have repaired or replaced that ripped front seat cushion' or, at least, stuck a piece of electrical tape over the damage.

Weighing over 2 tons, it cant be the fastest accelerating car on the block.

• Like 1

I love the color and that it's a convertible. The rear view is the most interesting. That massive tail light/fin combo is quite unique, combine that with the wide set headlamps and you have a memorable design. Maybe not good looking, but memorable!

• Like 1