The 67 through 70 Eldorado Appreciate Thread

alsancle

This is a thread to talk about the coolest Caddy post the 53/54 Eldo (and maybe the Seville).   That would be the 67-70 Bill Mitchell Eldorado.

My family  (my dad) loved the Eldorado and owned 1/2 dozen 68-76 examples of the years.    This thread is about the 67-70 version.  

1.  The 67 has the cleanest design with the hidden headlights and no signal lights in the fenders.

2.  The 68 still had the hidden headlights but got signals in the fenders but big news was the 472 CI engine.

3.  69 lost the hidden headlights.

4.  70 had more cosmetic changes but got the 500 CI engine.

We had a black 68 and a red 69.   Here are a couple of pictures.  That is me in front of the 69.

Mom-1961005.jpg

AJ012.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, alsancle said:

The 68 still had the hidden headlights but got signals in the fenders but big news was the 472 CI engine.

I think the 472 lifts the '68 above the otherwise very similar '67 for me.  '68 also included front disc brakes as standard equipment.  I really like the hidden headlights on these, so the '69 model takes the 3rd-place slot on my Eldorado wish list...  ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmTee said:

I think the 472 lifts the '68 above the otherwise very similar '67 for me.  '68 also included front disc brakes as standard equipment.  I really like the hidden headlights on these, so the '69 model takes the 3rd-place slot on my Eldorado wish list...  ;)

The 500 in 70 is awesome but the small details in the cosmetics have always made me favor the 3 earlier years.  I think the board generally agrees that 68 is the year.

Now to find a black on black no vinyl top 68...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

Now to find a black on black no vinyl top 68...

Agree!

Slightly off-topic, but here's my personal wish-list rankings for the other two GM E-bodies:

Riviera: '67, '66, '68/69 (tie)

Toronado: '66, '68, '67

All need to be sans vinyl roof.  So far I have the Riviera, but need to build that garage addition before tackling the other two...  ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...