Really old trucks

1912 Caddy

I   have   restored   several  original   WW 1   vehicles    The   smaller  is  my   1918  Dodge   Light  repair   truck.   About   1000    built    for the   war   effort   and   only   6   known  to  exist.   The   larger  beast   is   my   1918   FWD   model  B    Mobile   artillery  Repair   shop   . The   US   Britian  and   Russia  bout   these.  Total  of   14,000   trucks   and   about    3  dozen   exist   worldwide. Wheels  were   done   by   Canton   Bandag   who  did  the   Overman   Cushion   tires. image.jpeg.eea2c594aa07a20f8e2dd6810718f394.jpegimage.jpeg.924a7cec628a7dd79aadcca5f983089f.jpeg

Edited by bobs1916 (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:27 AM, 1912 Caddy said:

Who sells and installs solid rubber truck tires? Hopefully in the westen US or Canada.

Check with local fork lift shops. 
They have all kinds of sizes, but not sure if they have something that works for these old trucks. 
The sets we use for a special heavy lift vehicle require a 1/8 press fit on rims. 
So rim integrity comes into play. 

TAKerry The International and all the truck I own are in eastern Oregon. I have owned the 13 High wheeler for about 10 years. I bought it from a guy about 30 miles from me. He said it came from back east. I have not seen the issue of Old Cars yet.       

Thanks Jim