Anyone recognise this chassis

Oz Dodge 4

A friend Came across this chassis when he was looking for parts for his cars, and has no idea what it may be off. He is into Packard's, and I think he was led to believe that this had Packard heritage, but we all think not. He has been looking for an answer and sent these photos to me several months ago and despite showing them to some far more knowledgeable than I there is still no suggestions on what it might be. I haven't seen the remains in person and don't know if the bolts are UNC, Whit, or metric, so don't know if its American, British, or Continental European. The outside handbrake and related shafts going through the chassis member and the "cast" spring mounts with the rear mounted spare wheel look unusual enough that someone "may" be able to pick it, so, anyone have an idea ? or know of someone on a forum somewhere that might know ?

He forwarded these photos to me online and despite trying to orient them correctly for the last half hour, I can not get them to transfer to the page correctly, so I apologise for them being the way they are !

Thanks blokes,

Graham

DacreAllenschassis3small.jpg.8471415a67d97c92eb2e96147e0a05b7.jpgDacreAllenschassis4small.jpg.66272a6da1ac08541e9fa7e8ff6037b2.jpgDacreAllenschassis2small.jpg.a38b280a046e9fd17c9a56f63df5ef92.jpgDacreAllenschassis1resizedsmall.jpg.028326aaffac48a9f4e26fbde07aeb7f.jpg

• Like 1

1927 Essex made by Hudson. 

Essex chassis, look at right rear spring "dumb iron".

Serial number should be stamped there. 

The gas tank cover looks 26 but rear fenders seem curved with no character lines, perhaps 1927 and later.

Front spring dumb iron is 1927 or earlier.

Spare tire cups last used in 1927

• Like 2

This chassis has a hand brake lever outside the frame on the right hand side. That would make it a 13-15 frame. Most cars had left hand, center drive by 1915. Also, this frame has a battery box, which puts it  later than 1911.

14 minutes ago, AHa said:

This chassis has a hand brake lever outside the frame on the right hand side. That would make it a 13-15 frame. Most cars had left hand, center drive by 1915. Also, this frame has a battery box, which puts it  later than 1911.

Not if it was sold in a righthand drive country or parts of Canada. :) Note that there are holes in the same place on the other side of the top rail for the parking brake lever. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark Gregush said:

Not if it was sold in a righthand drive country or parts of Canada. :) Note that there are holes in the same place on the other side of the top rail for the parking brake lever. 

I think Steven and Hans have probably got it right ! The parts I can see always did "scream" mid 20s, but that handbrake did have me wondering from where, its more common as an English or continental European feature. Australia has always been right hand drive so the fact that they altered the design to shift controls is something done to almost all cars sold out here.