1916 Buick valve lifter

Irvingthe29

Morgan may have something. He’s the most familiar with this era buick that is active here. He generously helped me out last month with some engine parts. 1916 may be a one or two year only platform……there is a chance parts may interchange over more years. I would get dimensions using a vernier and do a quick drawing to be sure exactly what you need is easily communicated. It may be necessary to center less grind the lifters before installing. Best of luck, Ed.

48 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

I replied to your post in Technical.   You can use the later ones if these are too badly worn. They tighten in the bores. the pushrods are a bit shorter. 

20200121_213426.jpg

Ok sorry I didn't see that post , Any leads as to where I can get a set of those?

Sorry Morgan. The question is on a 4 cylinder D-35.  Irving: What is it you actually need? one or 2  or a set, and which type is on the engine?  I have some of the type pictured but they are badly worn. Have an E 35  engine that has the later ones but lay outside for ever. Would have to see if they are salvageable. 

On 11/8/2023 at 7:31 PM, Oldtech said:

Sorry Morgan. The question is on a 4 cylinder D-35.  Irving: What is it you actually need? one or 2  or a set, and which type is on the engine?  I have some of the type pictured but they are badly worn. Have an E 35  engine that has the later ones but lay outside for ever. Would have to see if they are salvageable. 

I'll find out for sure on Wednesday when I go up to look at the car...so I'll let you know what I find

• Like 1

No rollers.  The 4 cylinders just used a plain lifter in a bore in the block at first, Then they went to the better type which has a smaller lifter in an expandable sleeve as the pic above sort-of shows.  I would like to know if this was a running change, or a later retrofit to solve the leak issue.