Headlamp Rim from 1920s what does it fit?

Walt G

I got/bought  this in the collection of mascots etc that I purchased at Hershey. Would sincerely appreciate any idea or a photo of what it fits .

It is 1 3/4 inches deep at the edge  12 inches wide at the widest part at center ( where the yellow ruler is ) and would use a 10 inch glass lens. Nothing to identify it. It has a steel shell on the inside to hold the lens and mount to a lamp. Is it for a truck? fire truck? seems way to huge for a car or a running board spotlight. Really weird/odd - I love it.  Help!!!

HEADLIGHT RIM.jpg

HeadLIGHT RIM inside.jpg

24 minutes ago, paulrhd29nz said:

Some happy looking folks you got there. 
Apple picking time. Have you ever figured out what’s on the chalkboard? 
Is there a family story behind the fender?

Always love your photos and contributions to this form. 

Someone once thought it might have been an apple pie recipe. I haven't been able to read it.

I guess the bent fender was just normal battle scars. 

The car was put up for sale just post WW2, and unfortunately, some scrap men came in and broke it up with sledgehammers and left behind what they didn't want. We cleared the rusting remains of the body about 50 years ago. The only surviving part of it is the Waltham clock.

I polished the headlamp rim and it was nickel plated . Under all the decades of grime it came out really well! the plating in that era had to be well done for it to survive almost a century or more with no attention  and still look this good. Took an amazing amount of time to get it clean with the polish. Today my hand muscles are sore. SO this is what we deem as a fun activity.

HeadlampRIMPoLISHED.jpg

• Like 3