Search for Dad's 41 Lincoln Continental Coupe

ED REITER

New to this forum.

I am searching for Al Reiter's coupe, which he bought in 1971.

Al, my dad passed in 2017 and I understand the car may be in Oregon after it moved from his house in Auburn, WA.

It was a big part of my growing up and I would like to know who is caring for it now.

Thank you

Ed Reiter

Help us help you! 

Do you have any old photos of it you can post here?  Do you still have any of the licensing documents you can post?  To whom did he sell it to?  What color was it, and do you remember it having any unusual options or features? 

The more information you provide, the more it helps with your search.

Craig

• Thanks 1

Join the Lincoln Continental Owners Club.  They used to publish an annual roster that included the serial number of each member car.  You may be able to find someone in the club that has an archive of these.  Hopefully your Dad was a member and you can find the serial number of his car there and then start the search.

• Like 2

Thank you folks for your interest. I have the info, will work on it and share with you....please stay tuned. 

This 41 Lincoln Continental Mark 1 coupe is painted Gray and interior is done. We did not get the V-12 running but the running gear, brakes etc were all in place when Dad passed late 2016.

He was a memeber of the LC owners club and I am working with that Facebook group too. Soon I will drop some names.

Thanks again

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ED REITER said:

Lee, I posted to FaceBook LCOC and asked: Do you know Bill and Barbara in Salem, and maybe my dad: Al (Carl Allen) Reiter?

Glad to help. Do please let us all know what you do, or find out.

• Like 1

It would be wonderful if you purchased the car and drove it as a cherished piece of your family history.

If it's currently for sale, you may not get the chance to purchase it again, any time soon.

2 hours ago, ED REITER said:

Striking out today, not so sure DAVIDSCLASSICCARS.com is up to date...no phone number etc no date as to when this listing was posted.

HMMMMM.....

There are many sites out there that scrape for sale adds from other sites and post them.  It's strange that the add says it's going to auction, but there is no link to the auction.  Also, the appraisal was in 2018.  I followed up on one of these type sites once and finally found that the car sold two years before.  I hope this isn't the case for you.  You may try searching the major auctions for 2018 forward.

• Like 2