1913 Studebaker SA-25 Trans/ Diff Ring Gear needed

(S)

Looking to find a 50 tooth ring gear ( 19 tooth pinion )  for a 1913 SA- 25 for a local member who does not have a computer.  

He has this amazing 1913 which he drives and its a shame it has developed a bent ring gear. Any leads ?  And also- does the blueprint history go back that far at the SNM ?  

• Like 1

Bent?! How is that even possible? Anyhow I hope he finds one. I own an SA-25 and over the years I have found documentation for my car and any others before production moved to South Bend to be quite thin on the ground. I hope I am wrong. More things get discovered as time goes on. If there is any sort of blueprint history for the pre-South Bend cars  I would love to hear about it. Please post what you find out.

• 2 months later...

No idea on the year but great photos. A lot of similarities to my 17 4cyl. The tranny looks the same. Wondering how your going to repair the block? Mine has a similar issue.20231020_163313.jpg.2737c4ec82eb81cac242c6a4df52f212.jpg

On 1/20/2024 at 5:07 PM, (S) said:

Can anyone ID this year?  There is a '1914'  on Studebaker addicts that we'd like to get to repair the 1913 but we don't know what we are looking at.  

Any help would be great.  Not sure how to link the whole ad here.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10221492609499397&set=pcb.10159325993466076

That is a 1914 chassis. It has the chain drive on front for a starter which the 1913 did not have, but still has the integral cast exhaust manifold. It also has the improved transaxle design which was used on the Model 35 and 6 cylinder cars in 1913. The transaxle on the 1913 Model 25 was a different design similar to the Flanders 20 design.

Thanks for the replies.  The owner thinks this one is at least a '14 or so, and says the differential looks way larger than his.   Still looking...

Part numbers Thanks to Bloo !

SA2161   berap      bevel gear driving pinion

SA2252  besar      rear axle bevel gear