Christine for the whole family, not mine.

He should make an effort to find a distributor and prove the 'Burban will at least start and run. If the distributor opening hasn't been sealed you might as well yank the engine for rebuild, because rodents of any stripe like to stuff food hoards in any available opening.

If it's a lifetime Southern California car there should be little if any rust. I see a few halfassed attempts at reattaching trim, and I'd like to see driver's side and engine. 

Do these have the exterior access panel for the spare tire like a similar year Dodge that was on here a while back?

This Custom Suburban could certainly be a stylish hauler once again. Me Uncle Julian used a yellow and white two door Belvedere Custom Suburban for a daily driver for years. Always thought the way the front seat was divided was neat.

SoCal cars can certainly rust, and do. Mud in panels, leaves, dirt and debris, unchecked, and fenders, roof drip rails are fair game for the tin worm. Beach cars? Rust from the top down, not from the rockers up. Salt laden fog is the culprit.

If I didn't already have too many projects, I'd "go look" (and we know what happens with that) at this wagon.

Edited by Sal Hepatica (see edit history)
  • Like 2