Al Nippert

West Peterson

Thanks for posting this West. Al was one of my good friend Neil Sugermeyers best friends. I heard so many great stories fron Neil about he and AL pulling rare early cars from barns in Ny. I felt I knew AL well long before I actually had the chance to meet him at Hershey years ago. Al was one of the pioneers of our hobby and will fondly be remembered by many. No doubt he and Neil are already on another old car adventure together again.

Terry

• Like 1

Neil Sugermeyer was the best man at Al and Maureen Nipperts wedding.

We were active in the Franklin club together for decades and spent a week together with about 100 other Franklin types at the annual Franklin trek first in Syracuse and then in Cazenovia, NY.

Al had great skill in restoration and I got the highest compliment from hm when I restored my 1931 Franklin victoria brougham with body by Derham. ( I had bought that car from the Imperial Barn of Briarcliff Manor, NY that Al and his two partners Bill and Charlie owned . ) I recall AL when he saw the car restored telling me "Boy , you sure were the right guy to own that car and be the one to restore it".  He knew that I loved to drive the cars I owned ( still do) and did not own a truck and trailer to haul it around in to events. The only time that car saw a trailer was when it had no engine in it or the rear main spring leaf was broken and I dare not drive it two states away over two main bridges to get it repaired at a shop I trusted.

RIP Al.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...