Most painless way to remove a '63 fender?

Aaron65

I'm planning ahead for next year's fleet projects already, and I have some rust to cut and patch on my driver's fender.  It's too close to the rocker to do it on the car (although I might be able to pull the lower fender away).  

Is there a "minimum stuff removed" way to remove the fender so I can do the work and blend in some paint up to the trim?  No big hurry, but I like to plan stuff out in my head long before I actually do it.  Thanks!

Aaron

I'm in the process of pulling a front clip of a 64 Riv.  The car sat in Salinas , CA for 30 some odd years. Solid, lo mileage and  unmolested.  The trunk pan, interior floor pans and front and back windshield surrounds were badly rusted and even for me it was too far gone. .  First I pulled the headlights and grille.  WARNING..... this car was greenhoused and STILL a California car . 95% of the fasteners came off with not much violence.  

Today I did the bumpers only cutting off 2 bolts. It took about 4 hours removing things. Tomorrow I'm gonna clean everything in sight, pressure wash and scrub. The fenders and inner fenders will come off in one shot, the inner fender?  That body bolt usually snaps. 

I've R-n-R'd front clips on First-Gen Rivs many times and due to the fasteners being ruisted it's a new challenge on every unit. The biggest issue I have, assuming one knows how to navigate pulling and installing parts is to put the front clip back where everything lines up perfectly. That really makes these cars pop.

Hope this helps, Mitch.

• Thanks 1