For Sale: 1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible - "Good condition" - First year of "step-down" style - Santa Rosa, CA - Not Mine - Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible in Santa Rosa, CA  -  $40,500 (reduced from $45,000)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1581932082577380/-1948-Hudson-Commodore-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible

• Good condition
  • Driven 55,200 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Silver · Interior color: Red
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Hudson Commodore Color Anniversary Champagne???

262 6 original matching number engine. 3 speed, no overdrive. twin H power, Mallory dual point ignition. Hydrolectric top and windows, dual spotlights, dealer ordered turn signals, Foglights, Original rubber mats under carpets. Rust free as near as I can tell, no smoke or major leaks. New water pump, fuel pump. Hydraulic line kit purchased, driver door only installed...

• Needs new wiring, tires probably 30 years old. zipper for back window broken, windows go up but down very slowly.
  • Clear title, licensed & insured I represent owners who can no longer drive this or their other old cars I drive it around the property and a bit on the road periodically.
  • All questions answered as best I can, any specific pictures I will take. This car needs a new home as owners are no longer willing to put money and my time into it.
  • Price lowered 10% to $40,500 to help defray expense of needed repairs. Reasonable offers considered.

image.png.604220a922d2c78e965602b867b0c304.png

image.png.117dad9a992af4689358b1eab7325f56.png

image.png.019785446285e397b4ae176f34b41000.png

image.png.e7f9291eda18458aa3d8f8b4905c5d10.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible - "Good condition" - "Hydrolectric top and windows" - Santa Rosa, CA - Not Mine

Pretty car.  I've never owned an Hudson but the price doesn't seem too far out of bounds.  The wiring would cost a pretty penny; a quality wiring kit would be somewhere around $1000 and then there's labor on top of that. However the other repairs would not break the bank!  The Champagne color exterior looks elegant but I would've gone with a dark brown top. Not sure if the driver's door has been repainted or if that's a reflection. A great Hudson nonetheless... 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible - "Good condition" - First year of "step-down" styling - Santa Rosa, CA - Not Mine

Nice car, very stylish. I do agree with "deac" a dark brown top would really set this car off instead of the black. What bothers me is the fact that the car is 75 years old and still has the original wiring. If you value the car so much, why would you not replace the wiring? When I got my Buick it had the original wiring and that was one of the first thing that I started on. Thirty year old tires don't help the sale.  GLWTS

• Like 2

Be still my heart!   I love the step-down Hudsons and the '48 is my favorite year.   Putting in a new wiring harness would just be a fun project to me.  But (probably) fortunately, I only have room for one collector car at a time.

• Like 1

oh boy do I love this car and it's in Santa Rosa!  If I had the room I would go out there and inspect it. No room to park it so instead I will drool over the pictures!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I think they called the color Platinum in 1948.

I had a sedan that color.

I had three Hudson convertibles, they all leak water on the driver and passenger in the rain.

Probably the best looking Hudson models, but I preferred the sedans as road cars.

This looks like it will need a little to sort it out, but price is in " fair" range.

• Like 4

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Hudson Commodore Convertible - "Good condition" - First year of "step-down" style - Santa Rosa, CA - Not Mine - Deleted