Autumn in the Mountains Car Show held Saturday, Sept 23rd

pmhowe

On Saturday, 23 Sept. the Western North Carolina British Car club held its annual meet “Autumn in the Mountains” at the Mills River Brewing Company, in Mills River, NC. It featuredd British and European cars and motorcycles. Here’s one link to some pictures:

https://aprpca.org/356B/index.php/news/1000-bcc-wnc-autumn-in-the-mountains-car-show-230924

I have included some I took of cars or car features (e.g. The Aston Martin's rear seats) that especially interested me.

64 4Seater Morgan.jpeg

1934 MG PA, with blower. Neat car, nicely restored..jpeg

Aston Martin .jpeg

Citroen.jpeg

Ford Anglia.jpeg

MG RV8 2.jpeg

MG RV8.jpeg

MG Station Wagon.jpeg

MG TC.jpeg

MGB Special.jpeg

XK 140.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TAKerry said:

No motorcycle pics?

I'm sorry, I didn't take any pictures of motorcycles. It's because I've concluded I need at least four wheels under me, maybe more. :) As for the Aston's rear seat legroom, I think even the Morgan is more spacious. It's interesting to note how car manufacturing philosophies change over time: Cars of the '20s and '30s usually have spacious rear seating and legroom, making the front seat tough on really tall people. Tall people should be very comfortable in the front seat of the Aston - I would be; please give me one.

I had never seen an MG RV8 until this meet. However, I had never seen an MG station wagon, either. 

In addition to MG, Morgan motors used the Rover V8. They used it in the Morgan Plus 8, that was introduced in 1968. Are there other car manufacturers that used this engine?

• Like 1