1927 Buick 27-24 Project

Good evening, All,

I finally got my 27 Buick project home. I roughly assembled to see all the pieces. Forgive the tarp, it actually rained last week in California, and I sort of draped it over the top mechanism to get a feel for how it may look in the future. Speaking of the future, does anyone know of any good Wood Workers in Northern California? I observed some earlier threads from back in 2017 when a fine gentleman was making them in a land far far away. :)  But I believe that is no longer happening. 
I would also like to make contact with someone who has some intimate knowledge of these cars because there are some pieces that I will need help identifying where they go on the car. (I do have the gas tank, bumpers headlight bar and headlights wheel rims, just not pictured....(rain).  I'm hoping someone can provide me with some pictures of the pins that go through the body and the top attaches to behind the door, as well as the mechanism that is the hinge for the rumble seat. Neither are in place, and I need to know what I'm looking for. 
Thanks in advance. 
Mike. 

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dibarlaw said:

I have several photos from Eric Barrett during the restortion of his father's car. Unfortunately I have not been able to orient them. I have them saved in the correct orientation but when inserted here it flips them 90 degrees.

Erick is also in California.

ErikBarrett1.jpeg.06e483c4f1f86b3a6413f406c484e142.jpeg

thumbnail_image1[2] - Copy.jpg

thumbnail_image1[2].jpg

thumbnail_image1[3].jpg

thumbnail_image2[1].jpg

thumbnail_image2[2].jpg

These are great pictures. I really appreciate them thank you. I will take a closer look over the weekend! 

16 hours ago, 31 LaSalle said:

Not your model  but just an idea of what wood work is under the sheet metal body

this is my chrysler model 72 under restoration 

good luck keep posting your progress

Chrysler3.jpg

Thank you , this is a great image to appreciate the artistry that goes into building these. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

Nice car mike. I’m starting to sort out my project as well. I have a 27’oldsmobile six 4 door sedan that is needing woodworking as well. It doesn’t look too complicated. I think with patterns from the car it shouldn’t be too difficult. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Regards, Scott 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, radarv said:

Nice car mike. I’m starting to sort out my project as well. I have a 27’oldsmobile six 4 door sedan that is needing woodworking as well. It doesn’t look too complicated. I think with patterns from the car it shouldn’t be too difficult. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Regards, Scott 

Thanks Scott!  I'm hopeful that the woodwork is doable, but if anyone knows of someone in Central California that does this type of thing, please let me know! 
I was just going to show some updated pictures of the roadster. I've since sandblasted the body to metal and stripped the wooden wheels of paint and painted the rims. I have obtained some used white walls (very cheap) to use as rollers. I placed them loosely on the rims just to get the feel for it. I have them back off and am waiting to order the tubes to then mount the tires. The outer rims still need to be painted as well before I mount them. The wood is probably 75-80% in good shape.  The main rot is the long lengths of wood that run along the frame. Which makes sense since it was out in the elements. Which means lifting the body off of the frame etc., to replace. Here are a few of the updates.  I put a little Brewster green and black on the back 1/4 panel to see if that's the direction I want to go. We shall see!

Thanks
Mike.

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg

thumbnail (13).jpg

thumbnail (14).jpg

thumbnail (17).jpg

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (19).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

thumbnail (21).jpg

thumbnail (22).jpg