1947 Chrysler Windsor - $11,000

Not a lot of information here, but it looks like a very usable "classic". The word "Improving" does worry me but perhaps they mean the upholstery?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/menlo-park-1947-chrysler-windsor/7657739892.html

47 Chrysler Windsor is a full-size car which was built by Chrysler from 1939 through to the 1960s. I put a decent amount of work on improving this car. This is a great classic with the fluid drive (manual/automatic) technology. The car runs great and the body is in overall good condition.

email:    81334ad8beb63e54a9bf3b3dd6287d75@sale.craigslist.org

1947 Chrysler Windsor 100P0P_7EVqy0JRlVe_0Cz0t2_600x450.jpg01717_gVaaX4r7cla_0lR0t2_600x450.jpg00G0G_1EuvQWLKDsz_0bC0fu_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

A correctly restored Windsor I inspected two years ago had the same color upholstery in the same pattern. I would suspect this car’s upholstery is correct. This “Chrysler Boy” likes this one😀. I agree w/ Terry B. that much better pictures are needed…..

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It wasn't too many years ago that I had little appreciation for these cars. The styling did little for me. The more I look at these nicely preserved ones the more I'm being drawn to them. Looking at and admiring them has become more and more a pleasure. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

A correctly restored Windsor I inspected two years ago had the same color upholstery in the same pattern. I would suspect this car’s upholstery is correct. This “Chrysler Boy” likes this one😀. I agree w/ Terry B. that much better pictures are needed…..

I didn’t know that upholstery pattern was original, I guess I saw too many with aftermarket seat covers added.  They are indeed nice cars and apparently durable as so many have survived.  The transmissions in their numerous variants of Fluid Drive can be confusing.

• Like 1

@TerryB Fluid Drive confusing? There are easy and simple instructions in all the Mopar sales literature of that era. As far as I know the operation is basically the same for all variations of that transmission. I have taught a couple of people how to drive my ‘48 NY’er. After years of explaining and teaching many people how to drive a Model T Ford (now that’s confusing😂) I find it pretty easy to explain the fluid clutch!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fossil said:

It wasn't too many years ago that I had little appreciation for these cars. The styling did little for me. The more I look at these nicely preserved ones the more I'm being drawn to them. Looking at and admiring them has become more and more a pleasure. 

Keep looking at those and perhaps you’ll get hooked!

• Haha 1