1956 Packard 400 custom.

This was on Facebook in Montville, NJ and is already marked sold.   Price was $900.   I wonder if this was a factory show car or factory custom of some type.   The grille is the most obvious addition, but look at the rear wheel openings.   They’re like a ‘53 Carribean.   
I wonder if “Mr Packard” of NJ bought it.  

IMG_2097.png

I remember when the Request popped up in the early-mid seventies.

The owners were heavily marketing it trying to get some major dollars out of it.   There were articles that said the owners wouldn’t say where it was stored because it was so valuable that they were sure someone would steal it. 

But then I haven’t heard anything about it since then. Does anyone know what happened to it? 

2 minutes ago, m-mman said:

I remember when the Request popped up in the early-mid seventies.

The owners were heavily marketing it trying to get some major dollars out of it.   There were articles that said the owners wouldn’t say where it was stored because it was so valuable that they were sure someone would steal it. 

But then I haven’t heard anything about it since then. Does anyone know what happened to it? 

The 1955 Packard Request show car is restored and in the Ralph Marano collection in New Jersey.  It has been shown at National Packard Club Meets.  This was an aftermarket effort that the Kanter Brothers had in their collection for years.  The upper grille section is 1938-'39 Senior models, the lower section possibly a tractor or commercial radiator shell inverted and mated to the Packard part.  The hood and surrounding metal created by someone skilled enough to do a reasonable workman-like job which appears to match side-for-side.  This could make an interesting ersatz custom Packard...with enough investment in time, skills and especially dollars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1