For Sale: 1950 Chrysler Imperial 4dr Sedan, 27K miles, unrestored - $13,500 - Shrewsbury, VT - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $13,500: 4-21-2024.

For Sale: 1950 Chrysler Imperial 4dr Sedan, 27K miles, unrestored - $13,500 - Shrewsbury, VT - Still Available, Same Price $13,500: 4-21-2024. See New Link Below:

Antique 950 Chrylser Imperial unrestored - cars & trucks - by owner... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

An original, unrestored car with the expected patina for a 73-year-old car. Drives well. Has the Chrysler 4 speed auto transmission with safety clutch. Power windows and power brakes but standard steering. No cracks in steering wheel which is amazing! Still has original horsehair carpeting throughout but in poor condition in drivers footwell. Inspected. The tires are in good condition but are 15 years old and should be replaced before long. All the glass and chrome are original. Rear package tray and top of rear armrest deteriorated due to sitting in one place at last owner location. I am the third owner. Car draws lots of people at car shows. This is a large car with a 130" wheelbase and over 4000 pounds.  odometer: 27000
Copy and paste in your email: f22df5dc662b3303b0ae8c7ee54aab93@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Chrysler Imperial 4dr Sedan, 27K miles, unrestored.

'50 Imperial VT a.jpg

'50 Imperial VT b.jpg

'50 Imperial VT c.jpg

'50 Imperial VT d.jpg

'50 Imperial VT e.jpg

'50 Imperial VT f.jpg

'50 Imperial VT fa.jpg

'50 Imperial VT g.jpg

'50 Imperial VT h.jpg

'50 Imperial VT i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same Price $13,500: 4-21-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 6

This Imperial was featured in Hemmings Classic Car magazine back in November 2008, an interesting article about an outstanding all-original car. It's still in the hands of the same owner and it's still wearing the same 50IMPRL Vermont license plates. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Interesting it has badging for both Chrysler AND Imperial on trunk.  I never noticed that on this era Imperial.  Chrysler always made a big deal about Imperial being a separate brand.   

B. Jake;

Chrysler Corporation advertised and promoted the Chrysler Imperial and Chrysler Crown Imperial as their top-of-the-line prestige/luxury series through the 1954 model year.   Marketing got the bright idea the Imperial needed to be spun-off as a separate, standalone make nameplate for 1955.  They spent most of the next twenty years trying to disassociate the two names to no avail, finally conceding to reality for the 1971 model year.  Once a make and model naming conventions are established with the public through years of repetition, its nearly impossible to disassociate the two names.   AMC did succeed separating the Ambassador from Nash, only to bond it to Rambler then try separating it from Rambler and cementing it to AMC...all for naught.

Steve

• Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Chrysler Imperial 4dr Sedan, 27K miles, unrestored - $13,500 - Shrewsbury, VT - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $13,500: 4-21-2024.