Don Knopp antique auto parts, Niles, California

AB-Buff

25 minutes ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

By liquidated do you mean dispersed or scrapped?

Most (all?) of the stock was purchased by a vendor in, I think, the Fresno area. Sorry, no name or contact info and the last I heard about it was maybe ten years ago.

The same guy that bought his Fresno stuff sold what was in Niles. or moved it, he still has piles of stuff.  I'm sure a lot of it was scraped.  Too bad.  A lot of it was not marked and hard to identify, it would have taken years to identify the stuff and his daughter need the $$ and she was asking a lot for the inventory, If you had paid what she wanted it would have taken 30 years to get you $$ back so I think he just helped her sell the stuff and split the $$

The link on that business card goes to some Chinese place but I think the phone still works.

IMG_2262.jpeg

Edited by AB-Buff (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Yep.  I rummaged through the Fresno warehouse, only being made aware of it after our Studebaker Club participated in a Veteran's Day Parade.  Had an incredible amount of Post-war Lincoln stuff.  Lots of stuff scattered on the floor, getting bent, scratched, etc.  Loose piston rings everywhere.  I was there one day when a guy from I don't remember where now had purchased the entire inventory of remaining gaskets and was loading them on a trailer to haul back home to inventory  and re-sell.  Then Steve liquidated Globe Auto Wrecking inventory.  Previously to all this he was going around the local countryside beating the bushes, finding older cars, dragging them to a yard and parting them out.  He currently sells on ebay as "forthebeachonly"