Vintage rim or hub bolts N.O.S. Any idea the make of car these fit

FATMANS

Hi Bob, Perhaps you can find out the thread size and add that information too. Also count how many you have which could help to identify what WOODEN Spoked wheel they are for. Also line them up to see if they all are the same.

Ask the experts if these are for: FORD TT, CHEVROLET, GMC, REO SPEEDWAGON, DIAMOND T, ALCO, AUTOCAR, PIERCE-ARROW, ETC.  Best Wishes to you. Tom

I agree that they basically all appear to be rim bolts that fit through the steel felloe to hold the rim on it. There are several different styles, lengths and thread counts all mixed together. Likely a half dozen or more different ones, so they fit about a half dozen different vehicles. A few of the longer ones, and course thread ones, are likely for some truck. I had a bunch of truck ones salvaged from my grandfather's shop fifty years ago. I found some of them I could cut back and rethread to fit a car I was restoring at the time. So even the truck ones may have some value.

A few of those I think may fit Jaxon steel disc wheels of the late 1920s. But that is from memory from a car I restored twenty years ago.

Warning to Jack, you used regular carriage bolts in your hub.  They will brake pretty soon replace them with #5 carriage bolts or some hub bolts from an old wheel.  The bolts subject of this entry are rim bolts to hold on the rim also should not be replaced with normal carriage bolts.  Rim bolts were a replacement item sold in auto supply stores, hub bolts were not a normal replacement item.

• Like 1