1924 Buick distributor rotor needed

Last month I tried starting my 1924 Buick and could not get any spark.  I pulled the distributor cap and noticed the metal clip on top of the rotor had broken off.   The rivet was worn out and let go.  I tried repairing it by screwing it back on with no success.  Does anyone know a good source for this part?  Would it be interchangeable with any other automotive rotor?   The picture show my rotor after attempting to screw the contact clip back onto the rotor body.  Still no spark.  Any ideas?

IMG_7389.jpg.b1ef203106c586f836c31ff41c1dd76c.jpgIMG_7390.jpg.8213bdc18d512a70080db9a44bc6569e.jpg

Bobs Automobilia - a Buick parts supplier in California has the rotor you need.  

1 (805) 434-2963

BobsAutomobilia.com

Hope you are up and running soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IFDPete said:

Bobs Automobilia - a Buick parts supplier in California has the rotor you need.  

1 (805) 434-2963

BobsAutomobilia.com

Hope you are up and running soon.

Inspect anything you get from Bob’s very carefully. I got some bad points from them recently. They admitted they knew of the problem when I informed them. Sadly they chose not to reimburse me after losing 4 afternoons to track down their known issue. I had repaired the issue and did not want to receive a replacement set that I would also have to repair. 

Very disappointing

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Ok @Brian_Heil..looks like Bobs Automobilia has some issues I was not aware of - product issues and sounds like a complete disregard for their customers and customer service in your situation.😖

@2nd Gen Collector Here is an NOS rotor I found for you for sale right now on Ebay for less money than Bobs:😊

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133326541792?hash=item1f0ae193e0:g:1asAAOSwEFhePCfm&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0Odq6IcpqwLUUwyh13bT%2BHHZpZPXuyyLpprY9TdRb03X%2Fxj2bAcmWljm87UiICCpU5PrLQxR0Pwzskf7nJSLQGvkVos2hkw4yu4R7M5xBpCSRCsq6EJYEADX5hHLUUzMLQZ8Vau1l%2F%2Fn3biroPEoqd%2Bdv9w9dLPHSnTshZp6U8P6tzEDaS4XJGFr3ONRR7eOq7DjvxfXuOixkpEjyQvpWFxRdvGZqjSnnjaRaVNwNaWvqGBqHS2Be4uE6jUhSKOHEq%2B9nsV6ppUJEo3gXwMCmlE%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4DnsdyuYg

Good luck with everything 🍀 - Pete

Edited by IFDPete
Wording (see edit history)
  • Like 2