Hupmobile 20 foot pedal

Bobby 1909

Hallo Huppers, ich habe im Forum (siehe unten) ein Bild von einem der Dielen  mit AP-Pedal gesehen. Kann mir jemand sagen, was das ist? Ich habe nur ein Loch in meinem Hup

vielen Dank,

Grüße RainerScreenshot_20230719_211221_Chrome.jpg.0ec607df7bdecc3bfda127f2dc0be3c4.jpg

Edited by Bobby 1909
misspelling (see edit history)

Probably for an exhaust cutout,to bypass muffler.  Wouldn’t make much difference, I ran without a muffler for years and it’s not a loud exhaust.  Supposedly bypassing muffler gives more power to engine.

Hello Steve, thank you for the answer, my Hup runs up to 1955 in England,  th. it cames back to US. He got20230715_091253.jpg.33b81c5d971a57772cbecd83f51ccbc9.jpg a starter, with a sprocket on the flywheel, i thing after 1955.The startingswitch is below the seat. I found the car at Ebay (in Germany)

Regards Rainer

• Like 1

Hello, this colour is named RAL3020 (Verkehrsrot/traffic-red), but i thing it's too red.

I found the pic from footpedal in: 1911 hupmobile 20 restoration (from Jeff Spear). Pic was from Steve Hughes, (posted at 17. Januar 2022)

Trimacar: i found a Ppost from you, that you have a PDF about breeze carb, is it possible to get it? Email:

Rainerbrockmann57@gmail.com

or have you an idea:

the problem i have is:

1. The mixture is too fat, (spark plugs are "smoky")

2. It drops gas out of the carb

The gasoline adjusting screw is fully closed

Regards

Rainer

I just ran across this thread.  Yes, that is a photo that I posted of one of the floorboard sections in my 1911 Hupp.  It is a cutout for the exhaust to bypass the muffler as was suggested earlier.  I haven't driven the car enough to know if it makes a difference or not. 

Hallo, danke für die Antworten und das PDF. Ich kann keine Möglichkeit finden, den richtigen Schwimmerstand einzustellen. Im Handbuch sind zwei Muttern über der Ventilnadel (Hebel unter dem Schwimmer) zu sehen, aber mein Hebel befindet sich über dem Schwimmer. Wenn ich die obere Schraube vom Einlass öffne, sehe ich Hebel, Nadel und Mutter zur Fixierung der Nadel, aber nichts anderes,

Grüße

Rainer20230726_135201.jpg.07068202a020b6a1e20c920077a965d8.jpg

1 hour ago, Bobby 1909 said:

Hallo, danke für die Antworten und das PDF. Ich kann keine Möglichkeit finden, den richtigen Schwimmerstand einzustellen. Im Handbuch sind zwei Muttern über der Ventilnadel (Hebel unter dem Schwimmer) zu sehen, aber mein Hebel befindet sich über dem Schwimmer. Wenn ich die obere Schraube vom Einlass öffne, sehe ich Hebel, Nadel und Mutter zur Fixierung der Nadel, aber nichts anderes,

Grüße

Rainer20230726_135201.jpg.07068202a020b6a1e20c920077a965d8.jpg

Translation

"Hi, thanks for the answers and the PDF. I can't find a way to set the right float level. In the manual, there are two nuts above the valve needle (lever under the float), but my lever is above the float. When I open the top screw from the inlet, I see the lever, needle and nut to fix the needle, but nothing else,

Greetings"

I think your Breeze is later than the text in the Breeze pdf.

With one nut above the ball on the needle valve there does not seem to be any adjustment there.I think you would adjust by using different thickness of gasket washer between the body of the carb and the gas inlet piece.

Hello, thanks for answer, the idea with the different thickness of gasket washer i had too, bud i liked to get some "expertise".

The problem with dropping gasoline is over, i made a new valve needle from brass, now the carb is tight,

Regards

Rainer

• Bobby 1909 changed the title to Hupmobile 20 foot pedal