Automobile serial number plate punch set

pughs

I am looking for a set of serial number punches with a font that matches the one shown below. It was used on Studebaker on late 30's and early forties serial plates as well as some other cars. I only need the numbers, not the alphabet. Thank you.

SerialNumberFont.jpg.d1ea9722da90448297320740537c1d2f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You will need to get some custom hand stamps made. You can photograph what you have and take measurements to use as artwork and submit it to a company that does that work, like this one:

https://www.infinitystamps.com/collections/handheld-stamps-for-metal

Expect to pay a few bucks.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, pughs said:

Please explain. The numbers were stamped using something. I know that at least one other car manufacturer used this same font.

"a set of serial number punches with a font that matches the one shown below"

Studebaker clubs and owners have been trying to find a match for the font used at the factory for decades.  No such luck.  People end up going with whatever the local trophy-shop/ engraver has that is "close" and official inspectors, never having seen the correct font, don't know the difference and approve the inspection/verification.

I had already made a "close facsimile" serial plate and passed inspection but would really like to be able to make an accurate reproduction. I guess that I will have to have a custom stamp made if I want to pursue this. Thanks to all who replied.