For Sale: 1967 Imperial Convertible - $12,500 - Gowanda, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1967 Imperial Convertible - $12,500 - Gowanda, NY

1967 Imperial Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1967 Chrysler Imperial Convertible, one of 577, southern car, extremely solid and straight body (I hesitate to say "rust free" because we can probably find extremely minor surface rust here or there, but it's pretty close to zero rust), very good original chrome, 440 cubic inch engine, power options, A/C still hooked up but not operational, top works, very old repaint. Car has not been used regularly for 20+ years. Needs tinkering all over (power window issues, light issues, brake issues, etc.). It starts, runs and moves, but lacks power under load. The photos are all recent.
Would not take much to make it a great driver/cruiser, but I just don't have the time right now to go through it. No title in NY on a 1967, but transferrable registration in hand. I am not desperate to sell, so please do not bother trying to low ball me.
A few rules to avoid scammers and solicitors: Local buyer very much preferred but will work with any buyer. Area codes outside of 716 should leave a message and a good contact number. I will not relist elsewhere. No trades. No emails. I will not respond to any "is it available?" questions. Text or call number in "Reply" box above.
Thank you for looking!
Copy and paste in your email:  461d71f647a93184865198b5d1d01009@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1967 Imperial Convertible.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 577 1967 Imperial Convertibles built.

'67 Imperial Conv NY a.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY b.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY c.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY d.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY e.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY f.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY k.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY g.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY h.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY i.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY j.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY l.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY m.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY n.jpg

'67 Imperial Conv NY o.jpg

• Like 4

Like it but need to add on 5 feet to the garage.   The "no power under load" issue is something I would want to check on first hand. Dirty plugs? Riming out? Loaded up catb?  Says not a regular driver for years.  What would everyone check first ?   Smoke on a cold start?  Sooty tail pipe (car not me)  Loaded plugs?  E gas issue?  Clogged gas filter and air cleaner?  Looks like a very solid and clean car. Not sbused.  Sounds like a sitting issue. My 63 had an issue like this till I realized the brakes weren't releasing due to degraded and swollen shut brake lines and a stuck choke

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

What would everyone check first ?

Open the hood, fire it up and see if it revs up.  Look down the carb, look at the condition of the ignition system.  

Listen to it.  

A person with car experience should be able to make an accurate guess in a few minutes without major disassembly.  (FYI closed points can cause these symptoms) 

Not that an exact diagnosis is necessary. Sitting for a long time? Automatically assume $2000 IN PARTS to wake it up. 100% complete repairs to; Fuel system, ignition system, cooling system, brake system - to start.  

• Like 1

This is a tough one.  I do believe that the price is in line.  Stored "barn finds" all need mechanical attention, but you can't replace nice paint, body and interior.    That is a nice color, isn't it?  Wow, deep medium blue and white interior in a convertible Imperial from the Frank Sinatra era???  Wow, fly me to the moon!