For Sale: 1951 Dodge Kingsway Business Coupe, 43K miles (Canadian Production) - $10,500 - Neenah, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,000: 8-20-2023:

For Sale: 1951 Dodge Kingsway Business Coupe, 43K miles (Canadian Production) - $10,500 - Neenah, WI - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,000: 8-20-2023: See New Link Below:

1951 Dodge Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

(Rare)1951 Dodge business coupe $10,500. odometer: 43000
Contact: reply to listing text or call (920) five-8-5-eleven-6-4
Copy and paste in your email: 6af5fbf6a4143893bb0b35f403ddc522@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Dodge Kingsway Business Coupe (Canadian Production).

According to the book Canadian Cars, 1946-1984 by R. Perry Zavitz, page 107:

"... names were used by the Canadian-type Dodges beginning with the 1951 models.  A deluxe Suburban was a new model in the 1951 range, and it was called the Savoy, like the similar Plymouth model.  The Kingsway name was revived for use on the business coupe and compact two-door sedan."

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI a.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI b.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI c.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI d.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI e.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI f.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI g.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI h.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI i.jpg

'51 Dodge bus cp Canada WI j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,000: 8-20-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 8

I like this one much more than that bright red example. The color is nice, and I presume, original spec. The whitewalls may not be correct, but they look good. I'd gladly drive this one to the local cruise nights. Priced a bit high, maybe $7500. 

3 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

It doesn't matter what color they're painted, it's still an awkward, unbalanced design, IMHO. 

The 2-door sedan is styled much better:

File:1951 Dodge Coronet coupe.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This is a much nicer body style. Agreed. The business coupe had a lot of trunk space, so it was well suited for the traveling businessman.

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

I really like this car - the color is right for this body style, and I like just about everything I see - except for the painted mustache bar atop the grille, right below the DODGE letters.

At this asking price, one would expect all paint & chrome issues to be sorted out, for the most part.  It begs the question, was there some damage in this area?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dosmo said:

I really like this car - the color is right for this body style, and I like just about everything I see - except for the painted mustache bar atop the grille, right below the DODGE letters.

At this asking price, one would expect all paint & chrome issues to be sorted out, for the most part.  It begs the question, was there some damage in this area?

The " painted mustache bar atop the grille, right below the DODGE letters." may be because while the sheet metal stampings are the same as the American production Plymouth, the 1951 Dodge-style grille had to be accommodated to create the Canadian production Dodge Kingsway.  Checking a 1951 Dodge Kingsway sales literature would confirm what the proper finish should be.   "Plodges" have a variety of unique components being something of a mix 'n match for the Canadian market. 

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Dodge Kingsway Business Coupe, 43K miles (Canadian Production) - $10,500 - Neenah, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,000: 8-20-2023:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,000: 8-20-2023:

1950 Dodge Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

(Rare)1950 Dodge D39 Canadian built business coupe $9000.
Contact: reply to listing text or call (920) five-8-5-eleven-6-4
Copy and paste in your email:  8340409bd3cb33fdb690199b9c911c53@sale.craigslist.org