For Sale: 1960 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan, 47K miles - Project - $4,200 -Commerce City, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan, 47K miles - Project - $4,200 -Commerce City, CO

1960 Mercury Monterey - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Black -original paint- original interior, gray vinyl-383 2bbl-auto trans. My Aunt and Uncle bought this new, so it is basically a one owner. It's been sitting a long time, will need some work.
Copy and paste in your email: a828d66912c035f0b9a037b4443acc83@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan, 47K miles - Project.

'60 Mercury Monterey CO a.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey CO b.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey CO c.jpg

'60 Mercury Monterey CO d.jpg

38 minutes ago, Fossil said:

All those who like this body style please raise your hand. For me it’s tough to find much to like about it.

I'm keeping my hand down, Fossil!

All cars are a part of history, but some are beautiful,

and some are not.  I don't care for the widely spaced

headlights, the awkward and heavy-looking rear view,

nor for the roof that overhangs the rear window.

• Like 1

I saw an old movie last night with a '60 convertible in it. Fun to watch. The thing to keep in mind is that there were a whole lot of cars in 1960 that era that didn't fit conventional ideas of what makes a car look good. I consider the 1960 Ford attractive - very attractive in some body configurations -  and the Corvette looked great, but what other cars from 1960 are remembered for their attractive looks? Cadillac? Well...they're iconic, certainly. People love them for their flamboyance, but I don't know if they're in the same league as earlier or later Cadillacs as far as looks. No offense to '60 car owners, because I love all the cars from that year. I'm sure many people don't care for the looks of my '61 Mercury, but I like it because it captures an era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For some reason, the front wheels on the 1959-'60 Mercurys seem a bit too much rearward in the shape of the wheel well, 1960 the worst.   The other details like the 1960 wide set headlights are odd, a feature they 'copied' from the 1959 Oldsmobile.  The wheels look too small too for the size of the car, 8.00 X 14" should have been '15's.

'59 Mercury a.jpg

'60 Mercury conv.jpg

• Like 2