Electrical issue

Well, well....I replaced my dashboard with a "new" old one but transferred all my existing wiring ( excluding headlight switch)

installed it, looks great...everything works except : no indicator lights in the cluster, no clicks, no high beams.

Breaklights work ( all 3) Windshield wipers and washer works.

when activating the hazard switch, no clicks, no lights...OR front blinkers stay solid, back blinkers stay dark.

when blinking, only front blinkers blink dim and slowly.

checked all fuses, replaced relays, double checked all connectors ( all cleaned and treated with d. grease)

I am at a loss.......

bulkhead.jpg

wires.jpg

could it be the turn signal switch? but then again..headlights work ( high beams not) wipers and washer work) I highly doubt it....and before I switched the dashboard, everything worked! ....what about the headlight switch? ( I did not transfer it from my old dashboard....) 

update...made the turn signals work again BUT: when activating the Hazard switch, front and back blinkers stay on ! no blinking...also the turn signal indicators in the cluster are solid.....changed relay with 3 different regular relays, same result....but hey, at least, I can indicate where the fakk I am going again :)

On 5/29/2023 at 8:05 PM, shelbyone said:

update...made the turn signals work again BUT: when activating the Hazard switch, front and back blinkers stay on ! no blinking...also the turn signal indicators in the cluster are solid.....changed relay with 3 different regular relays, same result....but hey, at least, I can indicate where the fakk I am going again :)

update 2: since the TC´s Lights are all LED, inside and out, I thought I`d place some in the instrument cluster....bad mistake...because it seems like the LED Flasher Relay does not have any electrical jurisdiction there....as soon as I replaced the LED´s in the cluster with the oldschool bulbs, I had perfect blinkers ( not dim or slow) front and back....still have the hazard issue: solid lights...waiting for another LED relay to see if that will fix it

• 7 months later...

If you're still experiencing issues with your indicator lights, clicks, and high beams, it might be a good idea to consult with a professional electrician or an expert in automotive electrical systems. They might have the expertise and tools to diagnose the problem more accurately.
If you're in Ottawa, you could consider reaching out to kanatautilitiesltd.ca, who might be able to provide you with guidance or connect you with a qualified electrician.
I hope you can resolve the issue and get everything working smoothly again. Best of luck with your dashboard replacement!

Edited by BrandoMiddleton (see edit history)

The main trouble here is that someone is not satisfied with the way the car was originally built. 
LEAVE THIS OR ANY OTHER CLASSIC CAR ALONE, or have it modified by those who know what they are doing.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 12:15 AM, shelbyone said:

update 2: since the TC´s Lights are all LED, inside and out, I thought I`d place some in the instrument cluster....bad mistake...because it seems like the LED Flasher Relay does not have any electrical jurisdiction there....as soon as I replaced the LED´s in the cluster with the oldschool bulbs, I had perfect blinkers ( not dim or slow) front and back....still have the hazard issue: solid lights...waiting for another LED relay to see if that will fix it

just realized that I never wrote the update...well, after installing the new relay, all issues were history!  all good and perfect now!