FS 1961 Oldsmobile 88 - $3,500 (Grundy VA) Not Mine 4 door CList

The dirt does look very dry, however, and there doesn't seem to be any orange around the lower body and door jambs, so maybe it's OK.  I'd buy it for $2500, clean it up and get it running and resell for $5~6000 to someone who appreciates Oldsmobiles and wants 'in' to the hobby...

Between the wide whites and VA antique plates it looks like someone once treasured this car.

That someone has probably passed, a flipper bought it out from under its shed for cheap money, and here we go. Grundy is WAA-AAY back up in the Vajenya mountains.

I like 61s and understand them well, but lack of reproduction support and finding someone to repair engine and transmission on these would make me think twice on this one. That rear bumper and valance could be tough to find too.

###

In 2012 an estate auction in Hillsborough NC had a very nice 61 Dynamic Holiday Sedan. I went with intent to bring it home but a 23 year old kept jacking up the bid till he paid too much and got it. 

Kid had big dreams but quickly found out a Space Age Oldsmobile was out of his league. That poor car went thru a series of flippers with every one pricing it higher, at levels a 1961 Olds wouldn't sustain. Last time I saw it, it was in Lexington NC with yet another for sale sign.

Maybe I should have outbid the boy.

• Like 1

I like the car but it's another vehicle with a lot of unknowns. Certainly another candidate for the $2K wake-up with all the mechanicals needing some sort of attention. Hopefully the engine turns and it can be made to run. Mice love radiators that have the caps removed. It will definitely need tires and upholstery work and then there's that pesky Slim-Jim automatic transmission no one wants to work on........