Anyone have rear wheel cylinders for 48

v12lincoln

I replaced both right and left rear wheel brake cylinders on my '48 LC with new DORMAN  cylinders. They are different for right and left sides.  The left is W4803  and the right is W4804. I just called Dorman today and they are available , but will not sell unless through a local jobber. I ordered at my local  auto parts shop I deal with.  

Chris @ Boos Harrel Lincoln usually has them.  Give him a call!   Lincoln brakes are different from Ford, but I think the wheel cylinders are very similar.  Shoes are a bit different.  I just rebuilt my '41 Zephyr brakes and the fronts are easy, rears are harder.  I have a special puller to get the hubs off the rear.  Those bearings need replacing while you're working in that area.  Chris has all of those items to make it happen!   

Be careful buying those types of parts from unknown sources, Lincoln parts are very specific.  I know some have used Ford wheel cylinders, but they are not the original ones.  Log onto Lincoln Zephyr Owner's Club as they do list suppliers.  There have been some 'new' ones made recently, probably China.  Brakes are critical on these cars, so put the proper ones on so you don't have to worry about stopping!  Make sure you put on the proper high pressure hoses to the wheel cylinders too, as they go bad after time and use.  In redoing my brakes on my '41 Zephyr I also changed out the brake lines as the old ones can leak as they are flexed when turning on the front, and flexed on the rears in operations.  

Just picked up a new set of wheel cylinders from Napa. 1951-1956 Packard part# 9025 and 9026.

Also the Cadillac from 1964-1966 didn't get that part#.

Thank you for all your help.

They were only 16 bucks each, ordered 2 more since I can use them on my packards too

Resized_lin-2.jpg

Screenshot_20210903-063208_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...