Prośba o identyfikację glowicy

Mateusz

24 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

Witam a dokładnie to do jakiego auta?masz jakimś link żeby zobaczyć? Zdjęcie bo nie mogę nigdzie znaleźć identycznej pozdrawiam 

Translation from Polish:

Hello, exactly what car? Do you have a link to see? Photo because I can't find an identical one anywhere. Regards

Answer:

Ford created a new overhead-valve V8 engine they called the Y-Block. First introduced in 1954, the Y-Block engine would power Ford and Mercury products for the next 10 years.

It was replaced in 1962 by the FE block in the USA, but the engine lived on overseas until as late as 1982 in passenger cars, and 1986 in pickup trucks.

'56-7_Sunliner_engine_bay

Odpowiedź:
Ford stworzył nowy górnozaworowy silnik V8, który nazwał Y-Block. Wprowadzony po raz pierwszy w 1954 roku silnik Y-Block miał napędzać produkty Forda i Mercury przez następne 10 lat.

Został on zastąpiony w 1962 roku przez blok FE w USA, ale silnik przetrwał za granicą aż do 1982 roku w samochodach osobowych i 1986 roku w pickupach.

W Internecie jest wiele zdjęć samochodów i ciężarówek Forda oraz samochodów Mercury.

1955 Ford Thunderbird for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $26,000 on May  20, 2020 (Lot #31,645) | Bring a Trailer

• Like 1

Witam wiem że jest dużo tych samochodów ale nie mogę znalesc dokładnie tej z takimi wlotami są podobne ale nie mają tych samych wlotów masz może jakieś zdjęcie od jakiego dokładnie auta to pochodzi?

2 hours ago, Mateusz said:

Witam wiem że jest dużo tych samochodów ale nie mogę znalesc dokładnie tej z takimi wlotami są podobne ale nie mają tych samych wlotów masz może jakieś zdjęcie od jakiego dokładnie auta to pochodzi?

Hello, I know there are a lot of these cars but I can't find the exact one with which inlets they are similar but they don't have all these inlets do you have a photo of what car it comes from exactly?

Reply:

Maybe one of the AACA Ford experts can help some more. I presume you are questioning the intake manifold openings on the head. I could not determine a difference between the photo you sent and the reference pictures I found.

We will probably need to know the original displacement of the engine block (239, 272, 292, or 312 cubic inches) that these heads came from. As stated before, there are many different cars over many years that used these engines. 

Is it possible that the heads you have came from an industrial engine used in a generator or industrial vehicle. The heads may have been modified due to special requirements - other than automotive. 

Another thought is that a few 312" engines were supercharged. Maybe their heads were different than the others. 

Hopefully, another AACA expert can help.

odpowiedź:

Może któryś z ekspertów AACA Ford będzie mógł więcej pomóc. Zakładam, że kwestionujesz otwory kolektora dolotowego na głowicy. Nie mogłem określić różnicy między przesłanym przez Ciebie zdjęciem a znalezionymi przeze mnie zdjęciami referencyjnymi. Prawdopodobnie będziemy musieli znać pierwotną pojemność skokową bloku silnika (239, 272, 292 lub 312 cali sześciennych), z której pochodzą te głowice. Jak wspomniano wcześniej, przez wiele lat było wiele różnych samochodów, które korzystały z tych silników. Czy to możliwe, że głowice, które posiadasz pochodzą z silnika przemysłowego używanego w generatorze lub pojeździe przemysłowym. Głowice mogły zostać zmodyfikowane ze względu na specjalne wymagania - inne niż motoryzacyjne. pomyślał Innym jest to, że kilka 312-calowych silników było doładowanych. Może ich głowy były inne niż pozostałe. Miejmy nadzieję, że inny ekspert AACA może pomóc.

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2021/09/23/fords-legendary-y-block-still-in-style/

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)

The "stacked" intake ports are, as far as I know, a unique feature of the Ford Y-Block. Those ports were the reason I knew immediately what I was looking at. I know of no other engine family that has stacked intake ports like that. Even the nearly identical-looking but physically larger Lincoln Y-Block does not have ports like that.

In USA market Ford-Mercury-Edsel cars and Ford trucks there were always other engine options, like 6 cylinders, and starting in 1958 there were new and unrelated "FE" series and "MEL" series v8s. The Ford Y-block was used optionally in cars from 1954-1962, and optionally in trucks from 1954-1964. All these have the stacked inlets.

I have heard that there was a version of this engine that did not have the stacked ports, but it was much later than 1964, and never made or sold in the US. We do not ever see those here.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

Historia tej głowicy jest taka że dostałem ja od wujka który ma już 90lat który kiedyś naprawiał samochody różnego typu od radzieckich Gaz aro muscala  sisu itd. w latach 70-80 wymiotował do Candy i nie pamięta czy przywiózł ja z Candy czy była kupiona w Polsce. Wspominał coś że mogło być od jakiegoś auta co kiedyś jeździło nadleśnictwo,ale sprawdziłem i nic nie mogłem znalesc dlatego pomyślałem że może ja z Candy przywiózł i dlatego takie moje pytanie

1 hour ago, Mateusz said:

Historia tej głowicy jest taka że dostałem ja od wujka który ma już 90lat który kiedyś naprawiał samochody różnego typu od radzieckich Gaz aro muscala  sisu itd. w latach 70-80 wymiotował do Candy i nie pamięta czy przywiózł ja z Candy czy była kupiona w Polsce. Wspominał coś że mogło być od jakiegoś auta co kiedyś jeździło nadleśnictwo,ale sprawdziłem i nic nie mogłem znalesc dlatego pomyślałem że może ja z Candy przywiózł i dlatego takie moje pytanie

The history of this head is that I got it from my uncle who is 90 years old who used to repair cars of various types from Soviet Gaz aro muscala sisu etc. In the 70-80s he moved to Candy and does not remember whether he brought it from Candy or was bought in Poland. He mentioned something that it could have been from some car that used to drive the forestry inspectorate, but I checked and couldn't find anything, so I thought maybe he brought it from Candy and that's why my question.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with your term "Candy". Is it a location or an entity? Does your uncle remember if he bought the whole vehicle, or just the cylinder head?  All Y block heads are virtually the same except for valve size and compression ratios, so identifying the source vehicle out of millions produced worldwide over a span of thirty years is not possible.

Przepraszam, ale nie znam twojego terminu „cukierki”. Czy jest to lokalizacja czy podmiot? Czy twój wujek pamięta, czy kupił cały pojazd, czy tylko głowicę? Wszystkie głowice bloku Y są praktycznie takie same, z wyjątkiem rozmiaru zaworów i stopnia sprężania, więc identyfikacja pojazdu źródłowego spośród milionów wyprodukowanych na całym świecie w ciągu trzydziestu lat nie jest możliwa.

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)