SOLD - Linden Green, 1967 Pontiac GTO Convertible

St. Louis Car Museum

• 1 month later...

got to deduct points for the battery terminal.    People spend thousands of $$ on a vehicle then wimp out on a battery cable with the correct terminal....even an incorrect terminal but not 

one of those Auto Zone clamp on units. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

got to deduct points for the battery terminal.    People spend thousands of $$ on a vehicle then wimp out on a battery cable with the correct terminal....even an incorrect terminal but not 

one of those Auto Zone clamp on units. 

I had one of each of my two 69 Mustangs.   The first one failed and the car would not start. Second one cooked and almost burned the car to the ground.  After that I had learned my lesson regarding cheap cut out switches.

• Like 2

Beautiful car but I dont know these that well to critique. On the other hand the same outfit has a beautiful 4 speed trans am for sale. Says low miles originality, one repaint but the wheels they have on it are wrong. I cant tell with the angle of the pics but I would have to see a better shot to know if the t tops are correct. Not to nit pick but for top dollar, car should be perfect.

I would not post the above comments on this forum if this was an individuals car.   

In fairness to potential buyers looking to buy from a company that sells collector cars,  I think pointing out incorrect parts is fair game. 

Why not tag this one for the worm hose clamps as well? And that rubber carb fuel hose (is getting heat transfer from the rad hose!) should be a solid hard line from the fuel pump to the carburetor.

Image result for batter cable clamps   As far as the battery cable clamp is concerned and I know it doesn't apply to this car's battery cables but if you can find me a stock battery clamp that will take an "0" gauge wire I would use it, otherwise this clamp is perfectly fine. Before inserting the wire, you put the end of the wire in a soft jaw vise and gently without much pressure shape it, then solder the end before inserting and clamping down. Pontiac has had its share of starter motor problems. Remedies include upside down solenoids on starter motors on cars with factory headers used in NASCAR, and heat shields on RA3 and RA4, and H-O long branch iron exhaust manifolds. As an adjunct, "0" gauge wire should also be used especially if your battery is located in the trunk!

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)