Yellow Packard Question

alsfarms

Does any Packard owner reading here know of the yellow Packard shown in the attached picture? This Packard is offered for sale in such an unconventional way that that something is wrong.

I will provide my thoughts after I here a few from readers here.

Al

Image preview

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)

• alsfarms changed the title to Yellow Packard Question

Ok, here is the deal. I was just perusing the internet looking at late 1920's Packards and others. (it is snowing outside). I ran across a website "TROVIT" that had a significant list of Packards as well as other cars for sale.  OK, thought I, I would test the water on one of these bargain priced automobiles.....just to see what the validity of the ad would be. The Yellow car, shown above, at this time was shown to be from Nevada City California, Just over the hump west of Reno. I did get a response, that very quickly directed me on how to make the purchase quick and easy.  I am old school, and generally don't just jump in water not knowing how deep, how dirty or what else is floating around in the cesspool, (I suspected a foul scammer). I asked a few very telling questions, none of which were answered but did learn that the car car is now located in a small town in north east Montana, not California, not Florida or any where else the stolen identity of this car has been used in an attempt to scam money from antique automobile enthusiasts. I have probably been cussed in the past for proceeding slowly, the old school way, and it bothers me that our Intenet has almost turned into a cesspool where we have to watch, figuratively,every step we take. No more rant from me on this subject, I just encourage any of us, if we find ourself in a position to to stop this flagrant foul business method of scammers....stand up and do what you can.

Al

• Thanks 1

Thanks to the AACA for creating this forum arena that, by in large, is likely one of the safest and most comfortable ways to communicate with one another on a wide variety of subjects, information, buy, sell, trade and etc. Thanks....Thanks...Thanks.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
clarity (see edit history)

Ask him if its the V-8 model, you've been looking for one of those for a while. I told a suspected scammer I was going to be in Houston (bogus locale) in 2 days and I could pick up an axle in person. He said I had to pay in full 1st, so i said I'll take the chance, it's only 2 days. 2 day later i asked for directions to pick up the axle, said it was sold. "I figured a pile of $@i! scammer like you are would say exactly that. It was for sale for 5 weeks but gone in 2 days. Right..." I knew it was a scammer and strung it out. I've asked others really stupid questions and they answer yes. Play it out. Turn em in wherever you find them.