NOS Buick panel identification

gegrunt

I have this pair of NOS Buick parts that I am looking for some help with to identify. I tried the "what is this" forum and all I got back was someone saying that they were running boards for a VW bug. The parts came in a battered Buick parts box, I took some split view pictures showing both sides of the same area of the panels. I have handled NOS Buick rocker panels for cars from the 1940's in the past and I know that they are not rockers, the NOS rockers always had braces and reinforcements welded inside of them. The tiny slots that are stamped into the panels are really confusing, I thought that they were possible for the inside of a door but the longest Buick door skin that I have ever come across was 49 inches wide and the panels are 52.5" to 54" in length. Does anybody recognize these parts?

buickmyst.1.JPG

buicvkmyst.2.JPG

buickmyst.3.JPG

buickmyst.4.JPG

buickmyst.5.JPG

• Like 1

Gegrunt:  I am not a Buick expert but these sure look line rear fender skirts to me.  I have a 1951 Packard with fender skirts and the holes at each end look the same.  On the car there is a nub where one end slides into, and on the other end there is a bolt and that secures the skirt to the car.  Anyway, that's my guess.  For what year Buick I don't know.

I took some pictures of the panel laying on the floor next to a edge formed by the floor tiles to show how much of a bow there is stamped into the one side of the panel while the other edge is basically straight. I can't see in on the top inside of the door with this kind of curvature. The second picture that I added shows that the other side with the slots is straight

buickrkrarch.JPG

buick arch.1.JPG

• Like 1