1929 Chevy 2-Door Sedan - Runs, $5,500 OBO

I've certainly seen worse...the big question mark is going to be wood in the body. 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/woodland-1929-chevy-door-sedan/7604466058.html

New tires and tubes, it runs but is not drivable as the clutch is stuck to the flywheel. Unable to get to this project and need to get it out of the storage location. Asking for $5500 or best reasonable offer

email: fe64966a14ab3353b979875b826f5e86@sale.craigslist.org

100L0L_d4x9zhrObRy_0ak07K_600x450.jpg01717_5Nl5rCXkAhj_07K0ak_600x450.jpg00z0z_lkjFafIxCfF_07K0ak_600x450.jpg01010_j5h64OTrUBH_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

Sadly, I would say the pictures tell the story. It appears the doors are seriously sagging and all ready to fall off! The front pillar is not lining up with the roof on either side. Just from the pictures I would speculate that no more than half the original wood might be salvageable. And let me clarify that by saying I have managed to salvage some pretty marginal wood in years past!

If it was a car I wanted? (It isn't!) If I was ten years younger and had a lot more time to work on my projects? (I am not and don't!) I would consider something like this.

And I already have too many projects I don't have time for.

I hope it finds a good home with someone that has the skills and desire to see it through. Sadly, the odds are very against that happening these days.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zdillinger said:

It would be a fun project but not for $5,500 and likely needing every stick of wood replaced. I'd take a chance for $2,000, though.

I concur. I have wanted to do wood for a car for a long time (glutton for punishment?) With a 1500. buy in this would be a good place to start. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I concur. I have wanted to do wood for a car for a long time (glutton for punishment?) With a 1500. buy in this would be a good place to start. 

I just finished my Pontiac and it was fun... but I probably won't take on a Fisher Body project again for a little while.

• Like 1