1924 studebaker

To the best of my knowledge, the light six never had wheels like that. My dad restored a 1924 Special Six touring back in the 50s, and it had a distinctive stylized radiator shell that looks quite a lot like a Packard or maybe a Buick. The Big Six has a more rounded (at the top) radiator shell. No problem to tell them apart from the front, even in a picture. You could almost tell from this angle by the shape of the hood if there was more detail in the picture, but there just isn't.

32 minutes ago, Bloo said:

To the best of my knowledge, the light six never had wheels like that. My dad restored a 1924 Special Six touring back in the 50s, and it had a distinctive stylized radiator shell that looks quite a lot like a Packard or maybe a Buick. The Big Six has a more rounded (at the top) radiator shell. No problem to tell them apart from the front, even in a picture. You could almost tell from this angle by the shape of the hood if there was more detail in the picture, but there just isn't.

The EJ/EM Light Six did have disc wheels as an option for all model years.

20190712_151403.jpg.639b00cf2867110a85e973cfca51c690.jpg

The car in the first photo above looks to be a 1924 Special Six 5 Passenger Coupe to me. The height of the hood louvers, crisp hood crease, reverse flare on the rear fenders, kick panel above the running boards on the frame and tail light styling are the cues that help identify the year and model.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...