For Sale: 1924 Buick 24-4-35 touring car - $12,750 - North Chesterfield, VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1924 Buick 24-4-35 touring car - $12,750 - North Chesterfield, VA

1924 Buick 24-4-35 touring car - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is 1924 Buick 24-4-35 touring car. This car is believed to only have 7,200 miles on it. The story of the car , it that it was originally purchased in Portland Oregon by a doctor in 1924 and was used until 1929, when he passed away. His widow stored the car until her passing in the 1960’s. The car was sold at an estate sale to someone in Los Angeles, Ca. In the 70’s were it sat for years. At some point, the owner took the car to a restorer. The body was repaired and painted and a new touring top, seats, door cards and running boards were replaced. Then the sat again for many years. My brother in-law purchased the car from the restoration shop in early 2000’s . He basically put the car back together and got the running in like 2007. He also found a second complete 1924 engine and transmission that he purchased because that’s the way he is. There is an old YouTube video Ken Forbes put out in 2007-2008 about the car and showing it running and driving. He stopped driving the car to seal the gas tank, and then it sat.

In a visit to my brother in law’s house in 2021. I got the tour in Sunvalley, Ca. Wow. Complete machine shop, Ride on Steam and Electric Trains. Custom motorcycle trikes made from VW’s. Not to mention custom cars. He also had a Munster's car. Anyway, my brother in-laws 76 health is failing, and he doesn’t know it, but he needs help downsizing so his wife doesn’t have to deal with the massive task ahead. I’m a car guy and he offered me the car for what he paid for it. $12,000. he also offered to bring me the car at cost to Richmond, Va. without thinking I purchased the car.

Well, here we are today. I’m offering the car for purchase for what I paid for it, nothing more or less. $12,000 plus $1,000 shipping cost. The car has been on the west coast all its life. I purchased the car thinking I was helping my sister in-law.

Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to make sure the history about this car was explained. The is very complete and will run with little effort. It’s been stored inside most of its 99 years life and wares the same suite.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask questions about the car. They don’t make them like this anymore. Ron
Copy and paste in your email: e9cf59763a2530a895a38c0c7915f8e9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1924 Buick 24-4-35 touring car.

'24 Buick 24-4 VA a.jpg

'24 Buick 24-4 VA b.jpg

'24 Buick 24-4 VA c.jpg

'24 Buick 24-4 VA d.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a very nice car. I'm unclear on it's location...is it still on the West Coast, or is the $750 in the price what was paid to get it East?

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

Looks like a very nice car. I'm unclear on it's location...is it still on the West Coast, or is the $750 in the price what was paid to get it East?

It sounds like he has the car in his possession in VA now.  Seems like a good deal.  Too bad it was restored at some point and not left original.