1937 Dodge D150, not mine

Apparently you have to join the Facebook group "Classic car for Sale" to view the ad. 

You know if you do you're going to see a lot more than just this ad....

Somehow this makes me thing of the old joke about the XXX movie; a rating that meant no one was admitted.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Just a heads up, there are a lot of street rods and muscle cars on that sight.

A sad fact everywhere. I search Craigslist with the filter that the car has to be prior to 1952. I bet less than 10% are still stock. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, Leif in Calif said:

Apparently you have to join the Facebook group "Classic car for Sale" to view the ad. 

You know if you do you're going to see a lot more than just this ad....

On 3/22/2023 at 5:54 AM, 63RedBrier said:

Takes less than five seconds to join this FB group!  I guess their standards must be pretty low...

On 3/22/2023 at 9:02 AM, Leif in Calif said:

A sad fact everywhere. I search Craigslist with the filter that the car has to be prior to 1952. I bet less than 10% are still stock. 

On 3/22/2023 at 8:11 AM, Fossil said:

Just a heads up, there are a lot of street rods and muscle cars on that sight.

Interesting to note: Long standing members with longer forum contribution histories and more entries are usually the ones with questions and problems with the newer technology (Craigslist, Facebook, etc). and have less tolerance for modified vehicles and their owners. AACA guidelines and preferences aside, this has got to be a generational thing. As the older folks slowly fade away, changes in interest and direction are inevitable. The best we can do is either go with the flow, or get out of the way. 

The cars many of us grew up with and drove/raced/loved are museum pieces. The number of enthusiasts that are historical purists and revile at automotive modification (and modern technology) are sadly dwindling. The following generation may "appreciate" their forebearers, but will not imitate them. Just like as happened throughout history. We know change is not necessarily progress, but change is inevitable (and sometimes difficult to understand).   

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Changes that will come are in the form of newer original and restored cars. Fewer model T’s, and more Z28 Camaros. Craigslist and Facebook are full of original cars and modified cars. Lots of sites devoted to every type of car and style. Very few sites showcase cars that you see on here. With the access to knowledge by just asking a question, makes this one of the best sites/forums that I have seen.

• Like 4