Parts car auction with lots of Buicks, March 25 in N. Texas

Here is an auction of parts cars and projects that will be almost in my backyard this coming Saturday, March 25th in Sherman, Texas. If someone from far away wants to bid on one of these and needs help moving or retrieving the car, I will try to help. I will be there with my truck and trailer and will be registered to bid. Just STAY AWAY from the '56 Rambler 4-dr. hardtop station wagon--I am going to try to get that one for myself!  Here's the link. There are quite a few mid-1950s Buicks here, small series and big series.

https://www.duncansauctions.com/auction-inventory/

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• Like 1

Well, no adventurous Buick people took me up on my offer. It was a good auction and definitely some bargains. 1955 76-R with factory A/C was a good buy at $650. 1955 model 48 with 3-speed stick shift and very, very good body & trim went for $400. I bought a 1957 model 53 with factory A/C and amazing rear bumper ends for about 1/3rd of what the two bumper ends are worth. There was even a 1940 Ford two-door sedan with what looked like a 322 Buick V8 in it.

There will be an article about this auction in an upcoming Buick Bugle magazine. Most of the cars went for $300 to $600. You guys missed out!!!

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, retirednow said:

I saw on Browne Auto Salvage’s fb page that they bought the car in the first photo

Yes, and the one in the second photo, and the third photo...! He bought 18 cars today! Most of the prices were quite reasonable.

I limited myself to one.  Wasn't easy--was tempted by several of them, but they are all projects or parts cars. That '55 model 48 that Browne bought (photo above) is a 3-speed stick shift car with absolutely perfect exterior trim on both sides of the car, but no back glass and a rusted out floor, sad to say.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

You be quiet!   

That Electra convertible would have been a nice project. 

That Electra convertible's interior was a disaster. Looked like it had been sitting out in the rain for many, many years. Very little on the interior was salvageable. All of the soft trim, door panels, armrests, and all of the electrical contacts & switches were ruined. Such a shame.