For Sale: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe - Only 47K Miles! - $4,950 - Maryville, TN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe - Only 47K Miles! - $4,950 - Maryville, TN

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe - Only 47K Miles! - cars &... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 47k mile 1978 Chrysler New Yorker is a true American classic! The last of the big-bodied domestic land yachts, you'll find yourself humming "I'm on a boat" as you cruise smoothly along the highway. It's all original, rock solid throughout, and a genuine #survivor! It was parked in barn decades ago by an elderly local gentleman, and I purchased it last year at his estate auction. Now, after considerable effort, mucho dinero, and many shiny new parts, it's fully operational once more.
It sports 4 brand-new tires (those nipples aren't because it's cold..) new brake calipers, new battery, a new fuel system that includes a new tank (extremely hard to find now and quite pricey), a new pickup and sending unit, a new mechanical pump and fuel filter, and the OEM Thermoquad carburetor was fully rebuilt. The oil and filter are freshly changed, and I installed new belts. The 400 cubic inch big block also got new spark plugs, a new air filter, and a new battery. Clear title in my name. Located in Maryville, TN. $4,950 OBO Scammers needn't bother - I'm a cop. No, I don't need help listing or selling. Serious buyers only
Copy and paste in your email: 87b073e1d50939b0ab80f4327f1c0b55@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe.

'78 Chrysler NYer TN a.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN b.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN c.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN d.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN e.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN f.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN g.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN h.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN i.jpg

'78 Chrysler NYer TN j.jpg

Thanks for posting the find, Steve.  That's a 

good price.  These cars don't bring a lot of money.

I see some rust or bad paint on the driver's door.

This model of car I actually prefer in the form of a

4-door hardtop, which I think has a better roofline.

Here's a picture from the internet:

1975 Imperial Lebaron blue 1.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

This model of car I actually prefer in the form of a

4-door hardtop, which I think has a better roofline.

Here's a picture from the internet:

1975 Imperial Lebaron blue 1.jpg

John:

I prefer the four-door hardtop as well.  It comes off looking quite elegant with that swag C-pillar styling.  The B-pillarless four door hardtops were always a favorite of mine, these 1978 Chryslers the last of the breed.   The two door hardtops did not lend itself to well to the 'opera' window fad of the times or have the same distinctive looks of the four door hardtops.   Indeed, these 1970's Chryslers don't bring a lot of money for as nice a car as they are.  I always loved the waterfall classic grille and pendant taillights.

Steve

• Like 2