1930 dodge brothers

rjp

rjp

I have two 1930 Dodge 8 's a sedan and a phaeton, they are rare cars and I have been communicating with Dodge 8 owners  in Australia , Canada ,and the US for as long as the net has been working , and the members of the Forum have more than enough info on most issues that will confront you. there will always be a difference of opinions on some issues but the owners and members will always be ready to help

Kevin BC from Down under

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rjp said:

Iam going to go look this weekend. Is there anything special to check other than what I look at on most old cars? 

I don't own a DC but I do know there's quite a lot to look for on those type of cars especially since they are so rare. DC8s are not your average vintage car so you may want to consider the following:

A.) If you're in it for the long haul or just looking for a project. 

B.) IF you're in it for the long haul you'll need to understand exactly what parts are present when you go to look at the car this weekend. If it's gutted or parts are missing you'll spend a lifetime looking for replacements (hence the long haul statement) so consider that when drooling over it. I'm not sure but I'd guess even a fuel pump is very difficult to source...

C.) If your sold on finding a Dodge Brothers car maybe locate one of the more plentiful DA6 sedans or something comparable.

D.) If the car is advertised as complete make sure you have a list of the correct parts it is suppose to have such as original components like the engine, carb, emblems, lights etc... again, if any of those are not correct or destroyed you'll spend thousands trying to correct it. 

Need more info from you but those are things to consider, depending on if it's a complete original car or a parts car.

I'm sure there are many more things to consider but these are just some basics.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Wow, thanks that gives me a fussy feeling. I got several picture that shows alot is wrong. lights,horns,crank hole cover, dome light, radiator cap, rob rail, foot rest,and cowl lights are some of the things that was showed to me. I will go look at it tomorrow I think.  Thanks

Edited by rjp (see edit history)