1952 Ford Ranch Wagon and Kom Pak trailer. Ebay auction. Not Mine

There was a '54 with a matching trailer on the forum the other day, so I figured there might be some interest in this. This '52 has been restored but with a non-original paint scheme 🙁 that has been carried over to the trailer.

The Kom Pak trailer may be the real story here. They apparently didn't make many of them, and I don't know if they were sold at Ford dealerships back in the day or not. I don't know if they used salvage cars for the trailers or sourced the parts from Ford. The most interesting feature is the boat as a roof. The company that made them was in Medford, OR. From the ad:

"If you want something different than anybody else, this is your chance. For sale is my 1952 ford ranch wagon and kom pak trailer combination 

The car has 38,000 original miles on it. The title is still in the original owners name. I also have the original owners hunting and fishing license issued in 1952. I did a frame off reconditioning of the car. The car was in good shape but I wanted to disassemble it to insure a great detailed reconditioning. Please pay special attention to the photos showing how solid the car was underneath.all the metal parts were sandblasted (except body ) and then coated with chassis saver which is a rust preventative coating.the original automatic transmission was rebuilt while disassemble. The engine runs great so the only thing done to it was cosmetics. The interior is all original with the exception of the new carpet and headliner. ( the front seat does have a bad spot in it ) a dual master cylinder was installed for safety reasons. The car has a new battery and exhaust system.
   The trailer is a very rare kom pak sportsman trailer / camper/ boat combo. Depending on who you believe there were only 12- 200 built."

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Now up to over $50,000. 12 hours left to bid this point. A nice rig in many ways, but the non-original paint scheme and painted bumpers are very conspicuous demerits in my book. In that respect, I'm surprised the bidding has gone this high, which makes me think this may be more about the trailer than the car.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Now up to over $50,000. 12 hours left to bid this point. A nice rig in many ways, but the non-original paint scheme and painted bumpers are very conspicuous demerits in my book. In that respect, I'm surprised the bidding has gone this high, which makes me think this may be more about the trailer than the car.

You're on to something here James, it can't be the wagon with unusual color scheme, or the painted bumpers, or the unfinished interior. I think it's the boat that is driving the price up. It is different. 

• Like 1