SOLD-Rally Wheel Identified

Riviera63

I have a set of 4 Rally wheels which came with one of the 63 Rivieras I bought. Three of them are on one of the car and one was loose inside the car. The loose one that I brought home seems to be in pretty decent shape. I have not done an extensive search on the wheels for markings but, I did find some. Attached are pictures of the wheel and the stamped markings that I have found. If someone could help with deciphering those markings it would be greatly appreciated. The register hole is 2 1/8". Might there be other markings that I could look for? Is it possible to tell from the markings I have pictured what these wheels were originally from and what they would fit? Thanks.

Cleaned up with better pictures below.

Bill 

20230201_140733.jpg

20230201_145506.jpg

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

That 15x7” wheel is the one that came on the A body cars starting in 1971. (Think 1971-72 GSX.) You’ll notice in the listing that Jason posted that it has the intermediate car 4-3/4” bolt pattern. Won’t fit the Riviera’s 5” bolt pattern.  Also identifiable by the two piece design.  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

From Hemmings:

1971 - 1972 Buick GSX 

“Sales code F7, the Super Wide Oval group, provided now-desirable 15 x 7-inch chrome-plated five-spoke wheels, commonly referred to as Rallye wheels, shod with G60-15 Wide Ovals. Today, it's not unusual to find modern radials mounted in place of the original bias-plies.”

Linda’s older son bought a hooptie Honda from a Tote the Note lot in town.  He showed it to me and I commented that it had no spare tire. He went back to the lot and a guy threw a donut spare into the trunk.  He had a flat on the interstate going back to college a few months later. Right sized tire and wheel, wrong bolt pattern.  Big tow bill and flat repair.  

• Riviera63 changed the title to Rally Wheel Identified-For Sale

Here are pictures of the wheel cleaned up. It seems to be in pretty good condition. I know it will not work on our Rivieras but, someone here may know someone or someone may have another Buick this could work on. Make me an offer plus shipping. PM me if interested. Here are the specifics as per Team Buick. Thanks.

Bill

The wheel is 15" X 7" with a 5 X 4 3/4" bolt pattern. 

Design-8th Part Numbers-1236968 25504168 Years-1971-87 Rim Codes-903, 975 Appl. Code-WP, VJ Wheel Hub--2-1/8" Center Ring-Yes Center Cap Diam.-2-1/8" Back Space-4-3/8" Disc Brakes-Yes Bead Type-JJ Web Color-Black, satin

IMG_9491.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG

IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

IMG_9495.JPG

IMG_9496.JPG

IMG_9497.JPG

IMG_9498.JPG

IMG_9499.JPG

• Riviera63 changed the title to SOLD-Rally Wheel Identified